Honey smells good, tastes good and does good work on your skin too. It’s an amazing ingredient for skin and skin related problems like dry skin, oily skin, acne and dull skin.
We already know you want a brighter skin, that’s why you’re on this page and in this article, we’ll show you how you can use honey to get the skin you can flaunt.
These days, it seems like it’s almost impossible to get flawless skin with all the dust, dirt and pollution always lurking. Most of the time, we have to deal with blackheads, acne and pimples and will often spend so much on expensive skin care products to fix problems and get better skin.
What we bring to you is simply honey so you can get your glow on without breaking the bank.
So Why Honey is Good for Skin?
Honey has been called the magic potion because of how miraculously it works, both internally and externally. It’s been used as an ingredient in foods, drinks and as a home remedy for various ailments. It’s literally been a part of our lives for so long and rightly so given the benefits it offers.
• Honey has moisturization properties that keep the skin soft and supple. It contains enzymes that makes it easily absorbed by the skin. Honey works to condition the skin and make it softer.
• Clogged pores are the major cause for acne, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. With honey, this problem can easily be remedied by exfoliating the skin to get rid of the dead skin cells. With the pores unclogged, the skin problems are remedied.
• Honey has antibacterial, antioxidant and antiseptic properties that helps to tighten pores, cleanse pores and hydrates skin.
• The anti-inflammatory properties of honey help minimize inflammation and aids quick healing. The antioxidant properties help fixes skin damage. As a result of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is commonly used to handle sunburn.
• Honey helps to get rid of excess oil from your face.
• It has anti-aging benefits and thus helps to slow down the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making sure your skin is kept youthful. Its antioxidant properties also contribute to the protection of the skin from premature aging by getting rid of free radicals.
• Its humectant properties draw moisture from the air and then helps the skin retain the moisture. This way, the skin is kept hydrated.
That said, below are a few ways to employ the wonderful benefits of honey for the skin;
Honey and Olive Oil
Olive oil is an amazing moisturizer for the skin. It has antioxidant properties that protect the skin from damages caused by free radicals. Simply applying olive oil to the skin does make a difference.
The egg yolk keeps moisture locked in the skin and leaves skin soft. It also provides nutrients that moisturize, nourish and hydrate dry and dull skin.
Here’s what you’ll need
• One tablespoon of olive oil
• One egg yolk
• One teaspoon of honey
Here’s what to do
• Start by getting all three ingredients poured into a clean bowl
• Mix the ingredient well
• Apply the mixture on your face, gently massaging it in
• Next, leave it to sit for about fifteen minutes before washing off.
• Wash the mixture off with cold water.
• Repeat this process twice a week.
Honey, Aloe vera, Milk and tumeric
I know. Thats a lot right? Stay with me and see why they’re the perfect combo. Aloe vera is a popular home remedy used for lots of skin hair and health problems. Its gel has a moisturization property that makes it great for all skin types.
Aloe vera is an excellent moisturizer for all skin types. It also has hydrating benefits for your skin. Aside from its hydrating benefits, aloe vera also embody properties that can heal damages on your skin, simultaneously nourishing and leaving your skin glowing. The anti-properties in aloe vera helps kill off bacteria that cause acne. Its anti-inflammatory compounds are beneficial for soothing damages on your skin.
Another astounding natural remedy for glowing skin is turmeric. The curcumin compound in turmeric makes it a powerful antioxidant and this works perfectly to give you a flawless skin.
Milk likewise is packed with a lot of essential nutrients. These nutrient helps repair damages in the skin, nourishes and gives the skin a healthy glow.
The lactic acid milk contains makes it a great exfoliating and moisturizing agent.
What you need
• One tablespoon of aloe vera gel
• One tablespoon of honey and milk
• A pinch of turmeric
What to do
• Put all ingredients in a big bowl
• Mix the ingredients together and make a smooth paste
• Apply the paste all over your face and neck
• Leave the paste on for 15-20 minutes
• Wash off with warm water
• Repeat this process at least twice a week.
Honey and sugar scrub
The rough, grainy texture of sugar and honey scrub is the perfect recipe for scrubbing away dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. That way, your skin stays healthy and glowing and also keeps your face free from all kinds of buildup. This scrub also keeps your skin ready for absorbing moisture and nutrients. That is why it is necessary you follow this up with a nourishing face mask.
You will need
• Two teaspoons of honey
• Three teaspoons of sugar
• One teaspoon of olive oil
• One teaspoon of lemon juice
What to do
• Mix the needed ingredients to get a coarse mixture
• Rinse your face with a mild cleanser
• Apply the mixture on your face and gently scrub your face with your fingertips in a circular motion
• Let this treatment last for at least 5 minutes
• Wash your face with warm water, then cold water
• Pat dry with a clean towel.
• Do this two or three times a week
Banana and Honey
Honey and banana mask does good at fading dark spots and blemishes while simultaneously brightening your skin. When honey is combined with lemon juice, it helps boost your skin and also tightens your pores while banana on the other hand moisturizes and nourishes your skin thereby boosting your skin elasticity.
You will need
• One ripe banana
• One teaspoon of raw honey
• One teaspoon of lemon juice
• A clean towel
What to do
• Mash the banana until it is completely free of lumps
• Add honey and lemon juice to mashed banana
• Apply this mixture gently on your face, avoiding sensitive areas especially around the eyes
• Leave the mixture on for about 10-15 minutes
• Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with towel
• Repeat this process once every week.
Hurry, your glowing skin awaits!