Hair loss feels awful and can be really depressing. It is not relegated to only women however. But women are almost always thrown into despair whenever they experience hair loss. There are various factors that can lead to hair loss, ranging from hair stress, age, environmental factors, hormonal unbalance, thyroid and nutritional deficiency.
There are however, technologically, ways hair loss can be reduced to the barest minimum. But, even these ways have their accompanying cons.
How will Yoga help you accelerate your hair growth?
There are many astounding benefits of yoga for a healthy body, skin and hair. Yoga energizes the scalp by increasing the blood and oxygen flow in it. Hence, reviving and nourishing the hair follicles and the dry limp hair. Yoga also helps reduce stress, which is one of the main causes of hair fall. Alongside yoga, it is also imperative you maintain a healthy diet and eating habits. This can boost your yoga practice, hair growth and overall health simultaneously. These are some of the ways yoga will benefit your hair:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- increases oxygen transport to the brain
- balances hormones
- Improves physical and mental well being
- improves digestion
- increases better nutrient absorption
- Enhances blood circulation to your scalp
Yoga exercises that can accelerate your hair growth
Sirsasana, otherwise known as headstand calms the mind, hence relieving stress. It revitalizes the brain by sending an ample amount of enriched oxygenated blood to the brain cells. The scalp cells get nourished as a result of this, which leads to hair growth. Sirsasana also helps solve endocrine-related problems and improves blood circulation.
How to do:
- Kneel with your buttocks resting on the heels of your feet.
- Lean forward, place your forearms on the floor and interlock the fingers of both of your hands.
- Place the top of your head flat on the floor while pressing the back of your head against the interlocked arms and lift your heels.
- Stay still in this position and return to normal position after a few minutes.
Balayam Yoga(Rubbing Nails)
Balayam yoga, also known as rubbing nails is for hair growth is one of the simplest and most natural yoga exercises mentioned in the ancient books of yoga. It helps treat the acupressure points in the bosy. The acupressure points are the pressure points in the body. These points are mainly present in the fingertips. When these points are properly massaged, they lead to improved hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp, hence rejuvenating the hair follicles. Treating these points properly can also energize the hormones, thereby encouraging hair growth and hair darkening. The roots of hair follicles connected to the fingernails send energy to the head required for hair growth. Balayam yoga, asides from treating hair loss also cures dandruff and early grey hair
In general, the nerve endings below our fingernails through Balayam yoga stimulate the blood supply to hair follicles.
How to do:
- Bring your hands close and rub your fingernails (except thumb) of both your hands.
- Try to rub the surface of the fingernails hardly against each other
Vajrasana (Diamond pose)
Vajrasana, also known as the diamond pose or thunderbolt is one of the easiest and simplest of all yoga poses for hair growth, and can also be practiced after dinner or lunch. It is believed that a healthy digestive system is essential for a healthy body, and Vajrasana is the one pose for solving all your tummy issues. It also makes your body your body as strong as a diamond.
Vajrasana does not only improve our digestive system, it also increases the blood supply to all parts of the body. With the increased supply of blood, our scalp cells also get nourished, resulting in hair growth.
How to do:
- Simply sit on your knees on a flat surface with an upright posture and erect spine
- Make sure your feet are resting evenly on the floor with soles turned upward, backing up your glutes for the posture
- Try to match your ankles to buttocks and retain this position for a few minutes
- Pay attention to your breathing and try holding the pose for 30 seconds
Uttanasana(Standing Forward Bend Pose)
Uttanasana also popular as the Standing Forward Bend Pose rejuvenates your entire body and lifts up your spirits. It is a beginner level yoga pose, and it needa to be held for This beginner level yoga pose needs to be held for a minimum 15 – 30 seconds. Practice it in the morning or evening with an empty stomach. Uttanasana simultaneously sends a surge of energy in your brain cells, also increasing blood and oxygen circulation to your scalp, hence promoting health growth. It calms your stressed out mind, provides relief for anxiety. It also prevents severe headaches and restless nights
How to do:
- Stretch your hamstrings and abdomen muscles and bend downwards.
- If you will do these yoga poses regularly, along with natural remedies for a healthy hair, you will surely be able to combat your hair loss.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
Sarvagansana, otherwise known as Shoulder stand pose, is the yoga pose whereby the whole body rests on your shoulder. It is considered one of the best yoga pose because it strengthens all the internal parts of your body and keeps it strong and healthy. It supports hair growth by activating the most important gland s of the body. It keeps the respiratory and digestive system vivified.
The most important benefit of Sarvagansana is that it invigorates the thyroid and parathyroid glands. By bending the neck, there is increased blood circulation to these glands.
How to do:
- Stand straight and take a big step to right.
- By widening the stance, it will be easier to perform the stretch.
- Try to keep your spine straight and bend forward and grab your ankles.
- Keep this position for a few minutes and rest before repeating
If you do these yoga poses regularly, along with natural remedies for a healthy hair, you will definitely be able to combat your hair loss.