Over the years, ginger tea has gained recognition as a natural remedy for several digestive disorders, such as tummy upset, puking, and even gastritis. Asides digestive disorders, it is also an established natural remedy for colds and cough. In the more recent past however, it has gained the attention of weight loss researchers and enthusiasts as studies have shown that the herb contains a certain type of caffeine which is highly effective for weight loss.
When trying to lose weight, it is quintessential to keep hunger levels low, this is one major attribute ginger has due to the presence of this special caffeine class. It also helps in thermogenesis, no wonder it has been nicknamed the edible “amphetamine.” Several studies have since been carried out all over the world to establish the potency of ginger for weight loss programmes.
If you love food and really want to loss weight, I strongly recommend this guide where you can eat well and still loss up to 30 pounds or more.
There are several ways of using ginger tea for weight loss, some of them are described in this article. You can prepare the herbal tea from the freshly grated ginger roots or you can simply just add some dried ginger powder to your tea.
Preparing ginger tea with fresh ginger root
You can follow this recipe to make some fresh ginger tea for your weight loss programme:
– About 250ml of water
– Freshly grated ginger root. The root should be about 2 inches long.
– Some honey. This is just to taste so you can add as it suits you.
How to prepare
– Get some water heated till begins to roll boil.
– Add the grated ginger root and allow to simmer for about five minutes.
– Strain the mixture and add some honey if you feel like.
– Enjoy your tea while warm.
Preparing ginger tea with dried ginger powder
You can follow these steps to achieve this:
– Water of about 250ml
– Dried ginger powder of about half a teaspoon or one teaspoon.
– Honey to taste.
How to prepare
– Heat the water to boiling point.
– Add the dried ginger powder while the water is still boiling.
– Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about two minutes.
– Strain the mixture and add honey to taste.
– Serve and enjoy while hot.
What are the benefits of ginger tea to weight loss?
READ ALSO: HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST FOR LAZY PEOPLE
Here are a few benefits of ginger tea to your weight loss programme:
– It boosts your digestive power. Since ginger is known for aiding digestive disorders it is a very potent source of power for your digestive system. Take a cup of the tea before meals to stimulate digestion and avoid bloating.
– Inhibiting cortisol production. Cortisol is the hormone related to stress and this is a major source of weight gain. Studies have shown that ginger reduces the synthesis of this hormone which indirectly affects weight gain.
– Increased body energy. Ginger is known to boost body energy levels, higher levels ensure a better mood thus helping you to exercise better and as such lose weight faster.
In conclusion, it is advised not to consume more than 4 grams of ginger per day as it could result in some unwanted effects on the body system like heartburns and tummy aches. 240ml a day of ginger gives you just about 10 calories a day while leaving you satisfied and filled for longer periods. This means that ginger tea is very potent with respect to weight loss at a super-fast rate.
READ ALSO: MELT BELLY FAT USING VICKS VAPORUB