Most of us have a bottle of apple cider vinegar lying somewhere in our kitchens or pantries. We have mostly limited the use of this amazing compound to just being a food additive or making our salad taste better. However, studies show that apple cider vinegar has boundless health benefits and thus can be harnessed for improving our health in so many ways.
To benefit maximally from apple cider vinegar it is important to look for the ones that are organic and contain “mother.” Mother is culmination of protein strands, friendly bacteria and enzymes. The use of apple cider vinegar is very easy, just add one or two teaspoons to a glass of water and drink this mixture probably twice daily, just before meals.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
1. Prevents and cures indigestion. We cannot deny that sometimes we suffer from indigestion, bloating and acid reflux, these are conditions which come up once in a while and they are really uncomfortable. Well, apple cider vinegar can do the magic, all you need to do is take the mixture before eating. By now you should know some of the foods that cause you indigestion, or any related issues, my guess is you have been avoiding them. You do not have to anymore, like I said, take some of this mixture before the meal and you will be just fine.
2. It helps to soothe a sore throat. Sore throats can be really irritating so it is best to arrest them before they even come up at all. Apple cider vinegar is just the right remedy to use in doing this, once you feel a sore throat coming, take some apple cider vinegar. It helps to kill bacteria thus inhibiting their multiplication, this is achieved because of the presence of acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar. Mix the apple cider vinegar with warm water in equal proportions and gargle every hour for optimal results.
3. It lowers cholesterol levels. Apple cider vinegar has immense benefits for those seeking to drastically reduce their cholesterol levels. Studies carried out in 2012 revealed that subjects who had high cholesterol levels had significant reduction in blood lipid levels and triglyceride levels just by ingesting two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar two times on a daily basis for a period of eight weeks.
4. Helps to clear a stuffy nose. Basically, apple cider vinegar works to disintegrated mucus in your body. The potassium present in apple cider vinegar helps to thin mucus, the acetic acid acts an antibacterial to fight the infection. To achieve this, drink a mixture of teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water, it will aid in draining sinus.
5. Helps in regaining energy. Some of us find out that we get fatigued very easily, apple cider vinegar is a simple remedy to this. It contains lots of potassium and enzymes which make it a potent electrolyte solution. There are also amino acids present in the solution and these work to counteract the buildup of lactic acid in the body. The result of this is that fatigue levels drastically drop. Just add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink.
These are just a few benefits of this incredible solution, in reality the importance of apple cider vinegar cannot be overemphasized, I advise you find yourself a bottle, it just might come in handy.