Toxins have never been good for the body. Toxins can and do negatively affect every part of the body. In the brain, it could lead to issues ranging from confusions to poor concentration to erratic behaviour, mood problems, poor memory etc. Toxins can be introduced into the brain usually through the abuse of alcohol. In the skin, toxins can be introduced through skin care products that get absorbed. In the stomach, it could be introduced with drinks and food. It could also be inhaled.
Below is a more elaborate description of how toxins could get into the body:
• Through excessive intake of alcohol, illegal drugs, marijuana.
• Artificial preservatives and food dyes. This includes tartrazine dye, bromates, nitrites or nitrates.
• Pain medications, narcotics, opoids, benzodiazepines. These are commonly prescribed in cases of insomnia or anxiety.
• Polluted water
• Bisphenol A (BPA) found in dental sealants, drink and food containers, plastics etc.
• Pesticides which are extremely strong neurotoxins
• Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). They are found in rubber products, paints and plastic.
• Heavy metals like lead, mercury and calcium. Lead could be ingested through contaminated water. They could also get absorbed or inhaled through lead pipes, paints, soil exposed to contaminants, aviation fuel. Mercury could be ingested through silver dental fillings, contaminated fish and is almost always in the environment. Cadmiun could get into the body from industrial waste sites and soils that have been treated with synthetic fertilizers.
• Chemotherapy. It could eventually lead to long term fogginess.
• General anaesthesia. This could result in long term memory loss in some patients.
• Paint, solvent fumes
• Smoke from fire
• Fumes from welding or soldering
• Cleaning chemicals
• Artificial sweeteners like saccharin, sucralose, aspartame. It is difficult for the body’s detoxification system to process artificial chemicals.
• Foods produced with faulty plasticizers or plastic equipment.
• Air pollutants, they could be lifestyle related or industrial. They include cigarette smoke, marijuana and other tobacco, taking in smoke without smoking by simply being around smokers, inhalant vaping. It could also be fumes from automobile exhaust pipes, like carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. There are usually other small matter that are released from the tailpipe. All of these are harmful and toxic to the lungs.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DETOXIFY?
It is suggested that detoxification should happen for everyone at least once annually considering how much toxins the body is exposed to every day. However, the following groups of people are not expected to engage in a detoxification activity : cancer patients, tuberculosis patients, nursing mothers, patients suffering from degenerative diseases that are chronic, children. It is important that you speak with a physician about detoxifying and get their advice about detoxification. They could say if it is safe for you to go ahead with the process.
If you notice any of the symptoms listed below, then it is critical that you get rid of these toxins (detoxify) as soon as possible before I becomes dangerous. The symptoms include :
• Unnecessary fatigue
• Eye bags under the eyes or puffy eyes
• Sluggish elimination
• Skin irritation
• Low-grade infection
• Problems with menstruation
• Mental confusion
If you notice more than one of the following symptoms at once, then it is probably time to detoxify but be sure to speak with your doctor first.
Natural ways to detoxify
Vegetables are filled with lots of nutrients, have low sugar, healthy dietary fat and are rich in protein . Among these nutrients, a variety of fiber and pytochemicals are included. These characteristics make the vegetable a natural detoxification food. This implies that processed foods and unhealthy fats ingested cannot contribute to detoxification or a body cleansing, it does the opposite. Thus, unprocessed foods are most ideal for the task. When choosing your greens and veggies, do not go for the inorganic foods grown with chemicals as they could harm your system in the long run. Always go for the organic foods instead even though they could be more expensive and difficult to access.
- Drink more water
The human brain is over 75% water and should not be dehydrated. This means no alcohol, caffeine or soda. Being even 2% less dehydrated could have an impairment on your performance of important tasks that need your memory skills, concentration and overall physical performance. Water helps to get rid of toxins from the body, you should therefore drink as much water as possible even though you’ll be peeing so much. No pain, no gain, right?
- Stay away from processed foods
Processed foods are one of the most unhealthy foods and should not be taken so much, along with sugar. Processed foods come with so much calories that are not healthy and cutting them could save your body from a whole lot of unhealthy calories and as a consequence keep your pancreas safe and sound.
- Take vitamin C, Circumins and other antioxidants
Antioxidants are useful in the fighting of free radicals which are harmful to the body. Vitamin C and Circumins are examples of such antioxidants. Vitamin C is one of the most effective antioxidant and antitoxin you will find. Circumins are usually found in tumeric and curry, its what gives them their golden colour. The curcumins are another powerful antioxidants that you could easily take as supplements.
- Eat lots of fibre
You will find fibre in broccoli, chlorella, seaweed, spirulina, beets, artichokes, radishes, cabbage etc. These foods are effective in detoxifying the body.
This simply means therapy using water. Simply stay in the shower for five minutes ensuring hot water runs on your back from the shower. After five minutes, change to cold water for thirty seconds. Repeat this method thrice before getting out the shower. Lay on the bed after that for thirty minutes.
Exercise actually happens to be the most important way to get rid of toxins from the body. Do a simple yoga exercise or jump ropes for about an hour every day. Your body will thank you for it. There’s Qigong, an exercise that works sort of like martial arts. It has exercises specifically useful for detoxifying. There are lots of other exercises your could try out too.
Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are healthy fiber sources that helps metabolism down to excretion and elimination, its function is useful in detoxifying. Examples of nuts and seeds include chia seeds, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds etc.
There are two detoxification pathways in the liver cells, the Phase 1 and Phase 2. Protein contributes massively to the effective functioning of these pathways. Opting for organic food instead of inorganic cannot be overemphasized. Organic Seafood (wild caught) and organic grass fed beef are examples of organic protein sources of protein.
Legumes are rich in insoluble and soluble fibre. They’re also a good source of different amino acid precursors. Examples include lentils and beans,
Fruits have high water content and we have seen how important hydration is for detoxification. Fruits also contain insoluble and soluble fibre which helps in metabolism. They are also good sources of phytonutrients with antioxidant properties. Examples include lutein, anthocyanins, beta-carotene.