Turmeric is one of those spices popular for the plethora of health benefits that they provide due to the abundance of nutrients they possess. It originates from the dried, powdered roots of Curcuma longa plant and it has been used for several centuries as a health supplement by the Indians and Chinese. More recently, discoveries in medicine show that turmeric is exceptionally potent for the curing of several diseases, ensuring hormonal balance and fighting off infections. It also abounds in anti-inflammatory properties as well as anti-aging and antioxidant capabilities. It contains curcumin, a compound which has immense health benefits, this makes turmeric water a desired beverage, recommended for daily consumption.
The turmeric water ensures that the pH level of the body remains balanced and the digestive processes go unhampered. It also helps in alleviating pains from arthritis and other joint pains.
How to prepare turmeric water
As stated earlier, to enjoy a balanced health it is expedient to take a glass of turmeric water daily. This is how it can be prepared:
– Warm about a glass of water
– Add some ground turmeric to it, say one table spoon
– Add just a pinch of black pepper to the mixture
– Take a glass of this every day, make sure you take it warm to fully enjoy the benefits.
The benefits of turmeric water
1. It promotes cardiovascular health. Due to the presence of curcumin in turmeric it enhances cardiovascular health. This is achieved by eliminating plaque from blood vessels and preventing the formation of blood clots.
2. It helps to prevent type 2 diabetes. One of the major characteristics of turmeric is that it has the ability to prevent and even reverse the effects of type 2 diabetes.
3. Protection of the brain. The curcumin present in turmeric helps to protect the brain from damage and functional defects which result from low levels of growth hormone secretion.
4. It is a major anti-cancer agent. As stated earlier, turmeric possesses strong antioxidant properties. This helps to protect the body’s cells from damage and thus reduces the risk of cancer occurrence to the barest minimum.
5. Combats inflammation. Turmeric is a very potent anti-inflammatory agent and thus works in the body to fight inflammation effectively.
6. Reduces arthritis. Turmeric helps to reduce and cure the swellings and pains related with arthritis and other joint issues. This is made possible by the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric.
7. Protection of the liver. Turmeric assists in promoting optimal functioning of the gall bladder, this in turn reduces the effects of toxins which are harmful to the liver. It also helps to revitalize liver cells that have damaged.
8. Improving digestion. Consistent consumption of turmeric assist the body in regularizing the digestion process. It also helps suppressing the effects of acidity and balances the body pH.
9. Slows down aging process. Turmeric has properties which lie towards anti-aging, these help to destroy free radicals and suppress inflammation. By so doing the process of aging is slowed down drastically.