Avocado is widely known for its health and weight loss benefits to the body. The good news is, beyond just nutritionally, avocado is also known to be good for healthy skin care. The benefits of avocado to the skin are numerous. Some of them include its ability to prevent wrinkles, protect the skin from UV damage accelerate the healing of wounds, cure acne and moisturize the skin, to mention a few. Infact the results are even more overwhelming when combined with other ingredients with functions similar to it. Some ingredients you could use include : olive oil, honey, yogurt, egg, orange juice etc. They improve the lustre of your skin and help to keep it moisturized If you are not easily disgusted, then go on ahead. If you are however, you should brace yourself as the masks could look messy.
Different masks with different ingredients and functions will be talked about. Do well to find one that suits your facial needs.
1. Avocado and Honey Facial Mask
Both honey and avocado are natural moisturizing agents. Honey however, does more than being just a moisturizing agent. It possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This means that honey helps in warding off acne. Together, the end result is a young looking and radiant skin. You would need :
- A ripe avocado fruit
- A tablespoon of honey
- Hot water (optional)
- Take off the skin and seed from the ripe avocado fruit
- Mash it in a bowl into a pulp. You could use either a fork or a spoon to mash the fruit
- You can decide to dissolve the honey in two tablespoons of water. If you do not wish to, then you could skip this. It is optional Either way you choose the mask works.
- Mix the honey into the avocado pulp and stir till you have a perfect paste.
- Apply, either with your fingers or a clean brush and leave for about fifteen minutes. Make sure your face is thoroughly washed before application to ease absorption into the pores.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel .
2. Avocado and Yoghurt Facial Mask
A mixture of avocado and yoghurt is good for oily skin and dry skin. The yoghurt also contains lactic acid which hasaanti-bacterial properties and helps to reduce bacterial infections, including acne. You would need:
- 1/4 avocado (ripe)
- A teaspoon of organic yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Get the avocado mashed with either a spoon or a fork
- Stir in the yoghurt
- Add the honey too (optional)
- Stir the mixture thoroughly till you get a really good and even paste.
- Apply for unto the skin with a clean brush or with yours fingers if you have no brush.
- Leave on the face for about fifteen minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with clean, soft towel
3. Avocado and Apricot Facial Mask
After Victoria Beckham spoke about its effectiveness, it became widely known and used around the world. The acids exfoliate the dead skin cells on the face, leaving it radiant. The vitamins A and C are beneficial for tightening the skin and thus reversing aging or skin slacking. In avocado, the vitamin E and antioxidants help to keep the skin tone balanced. Here’s what you’ll need :
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 ripe apricot
- Take off the skin and seeds from the avocado and mash the flesh till you get an even pulp
- Mash the apricot separately till you also get an even pulp
- Mix both pulps together until you get a paste good enough for use
- Apply unto the face, be sure to avoid your eyes
- Leave for thirty minutes or overnight if you want to.
- Rinse the face with lukewarm water afterwards and dry the face with a clean towel.
4. Avocado and Banana Facial Mask
This kind is for people who suffer from oily skin. The facial mask helps decrease the skin’s oil content and prevents or cures acne and other skin inflammations. Here’s what you’ll be needing :
- A ripe and soft avocado
- A banana
- Egg yolk (optional)
- Mash the soft avocado into a pulp
- Do same for the banana
- Mix both pulps into one huge paste
- To the paste ,add one egg yolk and mix till consistency is right. This is however optional
- Afterwards, apply the thick paste unto the face and leave for about ten to fifteen minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water and dry your face with a clean and soft towel
5. Avocado and Oatmeal Facial mask
This kind of facial mask is used to moisturize the skin and add lustre to a tired-looking skin. You will need:
- 1/2 soft, ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- First, get the oatmeal prepared. If you’re wondering how to do this, simply follow the instructions you find on it.
- Separately, mash the avocado. You can either do this with a fork or a spoon.
- Mix both in a bowl till you have a paste with uniform consistency
- Next, apply to the skin and leave till it dries up. This should take about fifteen minutes or more.
- Using lukewarm water, rinse the face off and pat dry with a clean towel.
6. Avocado,Egg and Lemon Facial Mask
This mixture has the impressive ability to help control the oil content of the skin. It also helps maintain the smooth and soft texture of the skin. If you constantly battle with oily skin ,this recipe could help reduce your struggles. This is what you will need :
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Egg white
- Begin with mashing the avocado (after taking off the skin and the seed )
- Next, add the lemon juice to the already mashed avocado and stir.
- Afterwards, add the egg whites and mix thoroughly into a paste with uniform consistency
- Apply to the face and leave for about fifteen minutes
- Using lukewarm water, rinse off the paste from the face and pat dry
7. Avocado Facial Mask
You also can simply use an avocado fruit without extra ingredients. Avocado is effective in removing black heads and spots. It also brightens the skin tone. What you’ll need is simply one ripe avocado fruit.
- Slice the avocado into several small pieces
- Rub the slices on the face and leave for ten to fifteen minutes or as long as you want.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and dry the face with a clean cloth.
Facial masks can be fun to make and try out. The above listed kinds are effective and should be tried out. They are also more cost effective and less likely to have side effects, unlike chemically treated skin products. Have fun trying out the masks!