“Eyes are the window to the soul “
This is one of the most common sayings. Lots of people can relate to it as its easy to say a million things without uttering a word. Apart from this, the eye adds so much in terms of aesthetics to the appearance of a person. Clear eyes are attractive compared to red or yellow eyes.
For this reason, everyone would rather have clear eyes, to look bright and alive.
If your eyes are not clear and particularly dull, it could be as a result of a lot of factors. Some of these factors include : health problems, fatigue, a weak liver, smoking, dehydration, drinking, lack of sleep, spending so much time in front of a screen, long working hours, nutritional deficiency, etc.
If you want clear eyes, then you will have to adopt a few lifestyle changes and try some home remedies.
Easy Ways to Get Clear Eyes
Exercise the Eyes
There are a variety of simple exercises that could help relax and add spark to your eyes. These exercises will help reduce eye strain and boost blood circulation to your eyes
An easy eye exercise is to shut both eyes and squeeze them tightly. Open it wide and do so quickly. Do this until your eyes start to water. It will help your eyes feel and look bright.
You could also move a pencil or pen vertically and horizontally in front of your eyes while keeping your eyes focused on the tip. Do this for about fifteen minutes everyday.
You could also rub your palms together vigorously to generate some heat. Once your palms get warm, place them over your closed eyelids and Ieave for a few minutes.
Cucumber has soothing properties. Its water content will help brighten your eyes up and reduce under-eye puffiness and under-eye dark circles. To use :
• Cut a few thick slices of the cucumber and place in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes.
• By the time you take the slices out of the refrigerator, they should be cold. Place the cold slices on your closed eyelids and leave till they’re warm.
• Wash your eyes with water afterwards.
• Repeat the process as needed.
You can also do this remedy with chilled potato slices.
3. Rose Water
Rose Water is another great way to spark your dull eyes. It has a soothing effect that will not only cause your eyes to sparkle, it will also reduce puffiness and dark circles, making sure the skin surrounding your eyes are rejuvenated.
To use :
• Dip two cotton balls in cold rose water
• Pay down and place the cotton balls covered in rose water over your closed eyelids.
• Let them stay for about fifteen minutes before washing your eyes with regular water.
• Do this treatment as needed.
4. Keep the Eyes Hydrated
One of the simplest ways to keep your eyes clear is to hydrate as often as possible. Splash your eyes with room temperature water a few times daily as it will help get rid of dull and tired eyes.
To prevent dry eyes, don’t stare so long at your computer and blink often so the eyes don’t dry out.
Don’t forget to drink lots of water and eat fruits and vegetables. .
5. Eye Massage
Massaging the eye will help give you the sparkly eyes you want. Massage improves blood circulation to the eyes, which prevents fine lines and reduces eye strain.
To use :
• Drop some coconut oil or olive oil on your fingers
• With the fingers, massage the inner corners, the center of your brows, below the eyes and the outer corners gently.
• You should massage your eyes at least once a day.
6. Tea Bags
This includes both black and green tea bags. Tea bags help reduce eye strain and restores the natural glow and spark of your eyes. Since it contains antioxidant and anti-irritant properties, It will also reduce redness and swelling around your eyes.
• Steep two tea bags in a cup of hot water and leave for five minutes
• Take the tea bags out after five minutes, squeeze out excess water from it and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
• Then place the chilled tea bags over your closed eyes and allow them to sit for five minutes.
• Repeat the treatment as often as you like.
7. Enjoy Sound Sleep
Sleep is important for your eyes and your overall health. Getting sleep for at least six to eight hours every night will help keep your eyes bright and sparkling.
Without proper sleep, your eyes will look droopy, tired and dull. Plus, lack of sleep will also cause eye puffiness and dark circles. To enjoy sound sleep :
• Try to go to bed on a set schedule and be up at same time every morning.
• Sleep in a room that is quiet and well-ventilated
• Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking before going to bed.
8. Warm Compress
A warm compress is also a useful technique for soothing dry and dull eyes. The warm temperature will relax the muscles around your eyes and help to restore their sparkle.
To use a warm compress :
• Dip a soft cloth in warm water and wring out excess water.
• Place the warm cloth over your closed eyelids for at least one minute.
• Repeat the process four times
• Do this as needed.
Milk is great for restoring brightness to tired eyes. It will relax the muscles around your eyes and soothe your eyes. Plus, it will reduce puffiness and eye irritation.
To use :
• Soak two cotton balls in cold milk
• Place the cotton balls on your closed eyelids for about fifteen minutes
• Wash your face afterwards and moisturize
• Do this as needed
10. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry is a great option for brightening the eyes according to Ayurveda. It is rich in vitamins A and C and helps strengthen eye muscles. It also helps alleviate issues like watering, itching and redness.
Put a teaspoon of Amla powder in a cup of filtered water and allow it to sit overnight. By morning, strain the water through a muslin cloth and again add a cup of water. Splash your eyes with the solution at least once a day, preferably every morning.
You may also mix two teaspoons of Amla juice in half a cup of water and drink every morning. If there are any fresh amlas, you can eat once daily.