Papaya is also regarded as the angel of fruits because of its sweet taste and butter like consistency.a reason. Its unending benefits is another force you’ll have to reckon with. Benefits that includes managing weight and high blood pressure and even helping to prevent diabetes. Do you know that a small papaya contains about 300% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C? i’m not certain you do.
However, the black seeds in papaya are the most disregarded, and are usually being thrown away. Surprisingly many researches have proved various benefits of papaya seeds for skin, health and hair.
Let us look at some of the beauty benefits of Papaya seed
- Reduces wrinkles
Papaya seeds are excellent remedy for reducing or treating wrinkles. Some claim it to be as effective as Retin-A. The seed contains enzymes that help remove dead cells from the surface of your skin.
How to use
- Rub the papaya peel all over your face and neck.
- Rinse with cold water after 20 minutes
- Removes Dead skin
Papaya seeds help to shed the dead skin on the face and also remove dirt from inside. Being rich in Vitamin A and papain it helps to pull out the dead skin, generate the new cells and replace the damaged. These new generated cell promotes soft and smooth skin. So if you have a very flaky skin, you should definitely use papaya seed on your skin.
How to use
- Blend some papaya seeds in the grinder and add some drops of lemon to the paste
- The paste should be thick enough to stay on your skin
- Apply the paste for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
- Controls Acne Breakout
Papaya treats acne and prevents future breakouts as well. Its proteolytic enzyme papain makes papaya an effective treatment for acne Apart from the fruit itself, the leaves, skin, and seeds also contain certain enzymes that can diminish scars and blemishes. Papaya seeds help to clean the dirt but puling out the extra alien things causing acne.
How to use
- Use the thick and even pulp of a ripe papaya as a face mask
- leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash this paste with cold water.
- You can also use the juice of raw papaya on the acne affected area to reduce inflammation and soothe soreness caused by acne
- Keeps your skin hydrated
The beautiful thing about papaya seeds is that they can also be used on sensitive and irritating skin. Papaya seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals which help to maintain the water content on the face. It maintains the hydration on the skin which makes them soft and supple too. Just rubbing the skin with handful of papaya seeds on face helps to rejunevate them.
- Brightens your skin
Rubbing skin with some papaya seeds on skin and leg can help to give a whitening effect on them. Papaya being rich in vitamin C helps to remove the dirt deeply and also provide whitening affect on the skin. That’s because of it’s main active enzyme which brightens and lightens skin. It’s also rich in carotene, just like carrot seed oil which good for skin lightening purposes.
- Reduces under eye dark circles
Using green papaya pulp on dark circles is a good way to get rid of them. Since it is a natural bleaching agent, green papaya helps erase skin discoloration.
How to use
- Apply the mashed paste on your dark circles and leave it on for at least 10 minutes.
- Rub your skin gently with your fingertips and then wipe the paste off with a clean cloth.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Do this daily to banish those dark circles.
- Reduces inflammation
Papaya seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties as well! You can use it to treat inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Simple apply it on the affected areas right before a bath/shower on wet skin, then towel off.
Benefits of papaya seeds to the hair
- Stimulates hair growth
Papaya contain folic acid that helps improves circulation to the hair follicles and promotes hair growth
2. Controls Dandruff
One of the primary causes of dandruff is a fungal infection. The anti-fungal properties of papaya seeds however, helps in controlling and preventing dandruff. This is probably one of the best benefits of Papaya seeds.
How to use
- Peel the papaya
- Blend the papaya meat and the seeds until the mixture become smooth paste
- Apply the paste into your scalp and then do massage
- Leave it on for an hour after that, shampoo your hair with water
3. Conditions your hair
Papaya seeds can also keep your hair soft and hydrated by making it as hair conditioner. It can be used as conditioner because it contains high vitamin A in which could promote sebum production. Sebum is body’s natural oil.
How to use
- Remove the skin and the seeds of the papaya and blend till a smooth paste is formed.
- Add yogurt to the papaya paste and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair, starting from the roots to the very ends.
- Keep it on for an hour and rinse using a mild shampoo.
4. Creates hair volume
Papaya seeds contain some unexpectedly nuitritious substances that will nourish your hair shaft and add volume to your hair especially for those who have tress and sheer volume hair.
- Prevents Baldness
Hair thinning problems caused by hair fall can be worst and make baldness. The nutrition contained in papaya seeds can help to prevent balding by strengthen your hair shaft.
- Nourishes your scalp
A healthy scalp is between not too moist and dry. If the scalp is too moist, it often cause various scalp problems such as allergies and itchiness. If the scalp is too dry, the scalp will be cracked and get peeled off then cause dandruff. By using papaya seeds as hair mask it can keep your scalp condition to stay normal
Listed below are some health benefits of papaya seeds.
- Prevents Macular Degeneration
- Boosts Immunity
- Heals Wounds
- Aids Digestion
- Has Anticancer Effects
- Prevents Arthritis
- Reduce Inflammation In The Lungs
- Treats Throat Disorders
- Treatment For Ringworm
- Helps In Muscle Tissue Renewal
- Activates Human Growth Hormones
- Helps Ease Menstrual Pain
- Helps Reduce Stress
- Aids Weight Loss
- Good For Diabetics
- Treats Piles
- Cures Vitiligo
- Prevents Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Treats Nausea And Motion Sickness
- Helps Increase Platelet Count
- Keeps Blood Pressure Under Control
- Used For Birth Control
- Good For Babies
- Good For Pregnant Women
- Treats Gout
- Helps Increase Lactation