Have you noticed how a person automatically looks ten times more attractive as a result of the colour of their lips? We all have! Many of us unfortunately do not have this and we admire those that do (some probably even get jealous). The lips become even more beautiful when a smile is flashed, who doesn’t want that? Chapped and darkened lips can be a huge turn off. You probably would not realize the importance of the appearance of your lips till you meet a person whose lips make you want to
puke give thanks for yours.
You see, your lips deserve all the attention and extra care it can get- if you want to find out how, then you’re on the right page. Several things can cause the lips to darken as it is an extremely sensitive part of the body. We’ll see some of right now.
What Causes The Lips to Darken?
- Using drugs with low quality
- Unhealthy dieting
- Using lip products that are expired or no good
- Going to bed with make up
- Allergic reactions
- Excessive sunlight exposure
- Polluted environments, especially ones polluted with smoke
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive caffeine intake and hot beverages generally
- Using low quality make up
- Hereditary factors
- Hyperpigmentation or melasma
From most of these factors, you see that beyond the beauty of soft, pink lips , it is a strong and valid indication of your lip health. Most of these factors simply stem from neglect, we hardly find time to even keep ourselves hydrated or find a healthy lip balm.
Natural Ways To Get Your Lips Pink
If your lips are already a victim of neglect, fear not – there are easy DIY techniques to get your lips pink once again. You don’t have to get expensive products or go for treatments that would cost you a fortune when the answers to your prayers are right in your kitchen. The results may differ as regards time, stay consistent however until you see positive results .
1. Exfoliate Using a Toothbrush
This method is practically the easiest and one of the most effective methods used in getting pinker lips. You could either use a lip balm and a toothbrush, or you could go with just a toothbrush. Using a lip balm however is more effective as the balm performs the function of softening the lips. This method helps to exfoliate dead and flaky skin. With the dead skin gone, blood circulation becomes easier and unhindered, and the body lips become pink and soft.
What to do :
- If you’re going to be using a lip balm, then start with applying a lot of balm on your lips. It’s best to do this at night so you can go to bed with it.
- By morning , your lips should have absorbed the balm. Go on to use a damp toothbrush to gently scrub the lips to get rid of dead skin.
- Wipe any excess balm left off and rinse your mouth.
2. Honey and Sugar Treatment
This combo is highly effective as both ingredients play their part in getting yours lips to look tender and attractive. Honey is popular for its ability to naturally attract moisture, it is known as a humectant .This means that with it, your lips stay hydrated. The sugar is known to exfoliate dead skin cells. It’s always best to use brown sugar for this procedure because of its antioxidant qualities that keep the skin safe from the impact of ultraviolet rays However, if you have no brown sugar, then white sugar should work too . The sugar also contains glycolic acid which keeps the skin protected from toxins.
What to do :
- To a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl, add a little amount of honey, one tablespoon is enough.
- Mix the sugar and honey thoroughly.
- Using your finger, apply the mixture onto your lips.
- Gently scrub your lips. This allows exfoliation to happen and helps improve flow of blood in the lips.
- When you are done scrubbing, allow the mixture to stay on your lips for a few minutes to improve hydration , then wash with water.
- Repeat this procedure at least twice a week until there’s visible result.
This is probably the easiest method. Cucumber has already been known for a lot of benefits, of course it would be as effective on the lips. It is that effective as a result of its high water content. The hydration of the lips improves blood circulation and causes the lips to be a lot more tender. This is achieved by simply slicing up a cucumber and placing the slices for fifteen minutes on yours lips . If you do this everyday, in no time, not only would you have achieved lips that are marvelously pink, you would have also have achieved soft and tender lips.
4. Aloe Vera Lip Mask
Aloe Vera is popular for its use as a natural remedy to multiple conditions. From health to skin care to hair care, the shrub is one of the most effective and versatile. Infact, some people believe its uses are inexhaustible. This use is also extended towards its ability to improve lip appearance. It helps hydrate the lips as a result of its vitamin E content. It also works to treat injuries or cuts as a result of its auxin and gibberelin content – they are hormones which are responsible for its healing properties.
You would need :
- Aloe vera
- Coconut oil /Olive oil
What to do :
- Slice a fresh aloe vera leaf into two and scoop out its gel with a spoon.
- Place the gel in a container, preferably glass.
- Add a few drops of either olive oil or coconut oil. Whichever you choose is as effective as the other.
- Mix thoroughly and apply onto your lips as you would a lip balm.
- Refrigerate whatever is left and use it as often as possible. Everyday is not such a bad idea.
Each of these methods are easy and makes use of easy to get materials. This means your pink lips are already on the their way, hiding in your kitchen and refrigerator.
Try any of the methods and let us know how it goes for you.