The woman’s hair has always had a need for attention. It’s almost every woman’s dream that they have shiny, healthy and lustrous hair. Unfortunately, we’re always exposed to unfavourable conditions like dirt, sun, dust, pollution and a host of others. These could make the dream seem a far way off.
To meet the needs of women, different hair care products have been introduced into market. Unfortunately, sometimes these products do more harm than good because of the unhealthy chemicals they contain.
Lots of women would rather not use these products. But after that, what next?
We’ve compiled a list of natural remedies that will meet every hair need you may have.
Home made Hair Care
1. For General Health, pay attention to your diet
You probably have no idea how much your overall health affects the health of your hair. Infact, the health of your hair reflects your overall health, same way your skin does. Meanwhile, your hair problems can be fixed with you diet. So what should you eat that would help improve the health of your hair?
We suggest dals, fish, sprouts, chicken. However, if you’re battling with dry hair, you should touch up your dish by adding nuts, vitamin E capsules, raw vegetables, brown rice, pulses, bananas, etc.
If you have oily hair, then eat lots of salads, yoghurt, leafy greens and fresh fruit.
2. If you’re going to use a shampoo, make sure it’s mild
Keeping your hair clean is an important step in keeping your hair healthy and clean. The product you use goes a long way to helping achieve this. You should choose a product that is great for your hair type, making sure it’s mild.
If you have dry hair, it’s best to go for a shampoo that will not strip your hair of its natural oil and make it dry all the more. If you have oily hair, we suggest choosing a shampoo that helps limit the activity of the scalp.
You can use a clarifying shampoo every now and then so that the product build up doesn’t affect the hair. Try to not overshampoo your hair, especially if you have dry hair as it could cause more harm than good. Just a small drop of shampoo is enough for a wash.
3. If you’re looking for a natural conditioner, try using eggs
Eggs work wonders on both your skin and your hair. The egg yolk is rich in proteins and fat, which helps moisturize the hair while the egg white gets rid of excess oils. The egg can be used to condition your hair.
You could even use the egg whites for oily hair seeing we mentioned that it helps get rid of excess oils. You could also use the egg yolk for dry hair as we mentioned its moisturizing qualities.
Don’t forget to rinse your hair only with lukewarm water
4. If your scalp is itchy, simply use olive oil and lemon juice
There are many reasons you could be having an itchy scalp – diet, infection, climate or stress. During situations like this, we advise that you mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with olive oil and water.
Massage the mixture on your scalp and let it stay for twenty minutes before washing off. Olive oil is useful in moisturizing the scalp while lemon juice helps get rid of dry flakes.
5. For damaged hair, you can use a mixture of olive oil and honey
Lots of conditions damage the hair. It could be heat, harmful chemicals or even sun’s rats. To solve this problem, we suggest you use olive oil and honey.
Here’s what you should do:
• Mix half a cup of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil and massage your hair gently with it.
• Rinse off afterwards for twenty minutes
Honey possesses antibacterial qualities and also helps to condition the hair. Olive oil conditions the hair too.
6. If you would love to boost the volume of your hair, beer and egg will do the trick
When you think your hair is getting flatter or limper, beer and eggs will solve the problem.
Here’s what you should do:
• Mix one egg, half a cup of flat beer and one teaspoon of oil and massage into your hair
• Leave it for fifteen minutes before rinsing off
7. For frizzy hair, avocado can come to your rescue
Simply mash one avocado and apply onto your damp hair. Leave for a while before washing off. Avocado contains vitamins and healthy fats that provide moisture while conditioning the hair.
8. Dandruff? Brown sugar will do the trick!
Dandruff is a common hair problem that develops from accumulation of dead skin cells on the scalp. They may itch lot. To treat effectively, simply mix two parts of a brown sugar and one part of your own hair conditioner and apply on your scalp. Rinse off after. .
9. Your hair is falling? Aloe to the rescue!
Hair fall has been a problem for everyone with hair. Fortunately, aloe vera is perfect as it helps to heal the scalp and balance the pH so that it becomes normal. It also unclogs pores.
Here’s what you should do:
• Simply blend the gel with half a teaspoon of lemon juice
• Add two teaspoons of coconut oil and mix together
• Apply onto your hair and scalp and leave it on for at least, twenty minutes
• Wash off afterwards.
10. If you’re noticing graying signs, a henna will help
More than half of the ladies wish they didn’t have to grow grey hairs, old age or not. There are dyes in the market but won’t you rather for something that isn’t damaging for your hair?
Henna has been used for a long time as a colouring agent. When it is mixed with indigo, the results get better.
Here’s how to do it yourself :
• Start by mixing up the henna and indigo and allowing to sit overnight.
• If you want brown hair, mix the indigo in warm water and allow to stand for fifteen minutes.
• Mix the two pastes and apply on your hair.
• Then leave the paste for an hour, making sure your hair is covered with a shower cap
• Rinse with a shampoo afterwards
If you want black hair
• Still mix the indigo with warm water and leave for fifteen minutes
• Apply the henna paste on your hair and leave for fifteen minutes before washing off
• Next, add salt to the indigo paste and also apply on your hair
• Leave it for two hours, making sure your hair is covered with a shower cap
• Rinse afterwards