Before I go ahead with this article, let me drop this advice, next time you make rice, do not throw away the water. As we know it, rice water is one of the cheapest yet most potent remedies for a great skin and long and silky hair. There are several outstanding benefits that come with the use of rice water as a beauty product. History has it that centuries ago in Japan, female rice farmers usually had their bath with the water gotten from washing rice. This had great effects on their general body health and their physical outlook.
Let’s briefly look at how to prepare rice water and a few benefits of using rice water.
You can make use of any kind of rice to make your rice water. There are two major methods which include:
The boiled rice water method
When boiling your rice, simply add two or three times more water than you need. When the rice is cooked, strain the water, put in a container and store in the refrigerator.
No boil method
Add half a cup of rice to two cups of water and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Strain the water afterwards and store as above.
Studies show that fermented rice water offers best results, so instead of keeping in the refrigerator, you can decide to leave it at room temperature for a couple of days before putting it in the refrigerator.
Benefits of rice water
- It soothes skin inflammation. It naturally soothes any kind of skin inflammation, rashes, acne, etc.
- Restores luster to the skin. It works well as a skin cleanser to restore the shine to your skin.
- Combats the effects of aging. It helps to tighten the skin and restore elasticity of the skin.
- It soothes the effect of sunburn.
- Supports rapid hair growth.