Eczema is a skin disfunction that appears on the skin in numerous small circles that sometimes overlap each other. Apart from looking ugly and bleached on each circles, eczema is known to bring discomfort to those affected with it. It may lower the self esteem of a person if not properly treated.
CAUSES OF ECZEMA
Although most Eczema are hereditary, they usually appears when the skin is producing less fats and oil than it should and looses its ability to retain moisture. The space betweencells in the skin begins to widen due to lack of moisture on the skin, making it very easy for irritant bacterial to get into the skin.
SYMPTOMS OF ECZEMA
Some common symptoms of eczema have been determined to be characterized with;
- Redness of the skin
- Swelling or Inflamation
- Skin discolouration
- Cracking of the skin
- Blisters on the skin
- Bleeding skin
HOW TO TREAT ECZEMA?
To treat eczema, there are a wide range of options available that works for the treatment of eczema. It could either be chemical products such as creams, scrubs, pills or with natural home remedies prepared from your kitchen ingredients.
HOME REMEDIES FOR ECZEMA
Coconut oil contains vitamin E and vitamin K, and has antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungus and antimicrobial properties which helps eliminate the the appearance of eczema on your skin as well as keeping it moisturized.
- Rinse the skin or affected area with water
- Pat dry with a clean towel
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected area
- Repeat the process at least 2 times a day.
Aloe vera is known to as one on the best healing plant for the skin. It contains antimicrobial, anti-inflamatory and polysaccharides properties. This properties work hand in hand to eliminate the appearance of eczema on the skin.
- Rinse the skin with water
- Pat dry with a clean towel
- Get a leaf of aloe vera and wash clean
- Apply the gel on the affected area and leave to dry.
- Repeat the process 3 times a day
Fish oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids and has been shown to lessen the properties of eczema such as itching. Fish oil contains N-6 and N-3 properties which are essential for the proper functioning of the skins. Taking a daily dose of fish oil can help reduce the appearance of eczema on your skin.
Oats contains anti-inflamatory properties which helps reduce the appearance of eczema and the itching associated with it. An oats bath hurt no one, if your eczema appears in different parts of your body, sometimes beyond reach, you can have an oats bath to heal you un-reachable eczema *wink*
What you will need for an oat bath
- A bathtub
- A cup of oats
- A muslin bag or a plain chiffon cloth
- Fill your bathtub to half with warm water
- Soak the oats in a bowl or bucket and leave for about 15 minutes
- Pour the content into the bathtub using your muslin bag or chiffon cloth to filter it out.
- You will have a milky content in the bathtub.
- Fill the bath with more water
- Drop the muslin bag with its content into the bath water squeezing it from time to time to get more of its content out.
- Soak yourself in the bathtub for 10 – 15 minutes
- Pat dry with a small towel
Avocado contains essential fatty acid and lecithin which are essential for the treatment of scaly skins and scalp. It also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E which also helps reduce the symptoms of eczema.
- Wash the affected area with water
- Pat dry
- Apply the oil on the affected area
- Repeat the process for 2 weeks
Have you used any of the home remedies listed here? if yes, share your experience with us lets know the one the works best for you.