Aging is one occurrence people will love to avoid, if they had the power to. It is however not possible not to get older. What you can achieve however is reducing the effect of aging on your skin to the barest minimum. A lot of people do not believe this is possible except through botox and surgical procedures. I have good news for you, it is possible to reduce aging effects on your skin and it is a very simple process. You can use simple home remedies to prevent effects of aging on the skin.
The formula for a getting a younger looking skin is right with you, you probably have not recognized it yet. A major effect of aging on the skin is wrinkling. This is resultant from the loss of elasticity in the skin. This loss of elasticity is induced by certain factors such as free radicals, constant sunlight and improper care of the skin. A simple key to keeping your skin looking younger is the fact that you understand that your skin is a living being and you must treat it as such. Since your skin is a living organ you can be sure it will experience changes with time. These changes will cause the skin to age gradually or rapidly but it is important to adjust your skin care to accommodate these changes.
This article will provide you information about how to keep your skin younger than your age and what formulas will be helpful. It will also provide with information regarding what you should not do to your skin if you want it to remain young. It promises to be an exciting and enlightening read so join me on this journey.
What causes aging of the skin?
This is a question which continually begs to be answered. Of course we know that aging skin is a result of getting older but how exactly does getting older affect the skin? The next few lines will focus of solving this question.
Firstly it is important to know that the skin is a network of several collagen and elastin cells. These compounds are simple proteins which enables the skin to sustain its elasticity. This simply means that when the skin is stretched it snaps right back in place due to the presence of these proteins.
What happens is that as the skin ages the collagen and elastin contents diminish thus weakening the elasticity of the skin. This makes the skin to sag and lose firmness and structure. Other factors that contribute to aging of the skin include:
- With age the skin loses fat which makes it thinner. This results in loss of the plump smoothness of the skin at childhood to a rougher, leaner skin.
- The skin succumbs to the force of nature. The force of nature here being gravity. You should have noticed that your skin with time has begun sagging at some points. This is a result of gravity tugging at your skin.
- Genetic factors also contribute a major part to how fast the skin ages. In some people they tend to look older than their ages and some look younger. This is usually by default and can be easily noticeable in the family tree. In case you fall under the group of those with fast aging skin it is wise to adopt skin care measures that will slow down the process considerably.
What to do to keep your skin from aging fast
Now that you have an idea of what causes the skin to age fast it is important that you gain sufficient knowledge of what you can do to keep your skin looking younger. Here are a few tips:
- Make use of a milder face wash. The skin gets less oily and more sensitive when you use a gentle formula or face wash. When you have an acne outbreak on your skin it is advisable to use a milder face wash rather than a concentrated acne wash. This will reduce the irritation on the skin. You should also ensure to avoid scrubbing in a hard manner. Rather use milder pressure in circular motions to cleanse the skin.
- Use more retinoid. As enumerated earlier aging of the skin leads to reduction of embedded proteins (collagen and elastin). The loss of these result in wrinkling and sagging of the skin from reduced skin elasticity. Retinoid is filled with vitamin A which is important for maintaining the skin texture and elasticity.
- Be careful of what you eat. Whether you like it or not the foods you eat have effects on the outlook of your skin and your body health in general. You should endeavor to eat foods that have great effects on your skin. Avoid foods that dehydrate you like alcohol and foods that cause loss of glucose like white carbohydrates. It is advisable to take foods rich in proteins and vitamins (especially vitamins A and C). Vegetables are also great for the skin.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly. The cells on the skin have a short life cycle, in fact the longest they live is 28 days. The skin sheds within this period but as we grow older the process tends to slow down. This means you need to assist your skin in handling this process. This is where exfoliation comes in. there are several homemade recipes for exfoliating the skin, some of them include using lemon, honey, face masks, etc.
How you cause your skin to age faster
There are several practices you indulge in that will caue your skin to age faster, some of them are stated below:
- Skipping your sunscreen.
- Changing products too quickly.
- Going to bed without cleaning your makeup.
- Using multiple beauty products at the same time.
- Getting in sufficient sleep.
In conclusion, though aging is impossible to avoid, the effects on the skin can be slowed down considerably. This can be achieved by all of the processes stated above and more. You should know that there are several home remedies for keeping the skin young, you do not have to spend a fortune in doing that.