What exactly is a blackhead? A blackhead according to the Wikipedia dictionary is simply an obstructed sweat duct or skin pore which is also known as open comedone. A comedone can either be open or closed, when open it is known as a blackhead and when closed it is known as a whitehead. Either way, none of them is great for the skin as they tend to disfigure the skin and make it look terrible. Blackheads are not respecter of age or gender and thus so many people have this issue and some do not even know what they are. Blackheads come in several colors, brown, red, yellow and they develop when the hair follicle is clogged by excess dirt, dead skin cells and excess sebum.
Several factors could result in the development of blackheads on the skin, some of them include stress, hormonal changes, excessive use of cosmetics, poor hygiene, etc. They are known to appear mostly on the face and nose, but they can appear in any part of the body as well.
This is a major remedy for several skin issues, it has the ability to clean the skin off dirt and dead cells, it works as a good exfoliator. This how to prepare and use baking soda in removing blackheads.
- Add mineral water to two teaspoons of baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply generously to the skin and then massage mildly.
- Allow to stay for a couple of minutes then rinse off with clean water. Do this twice a week.
This works well with lemon juice to remove blackheads. Let’s take a look at how.
- Simply mix a teaspoon of both lemon juice and cinnamon then add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Rub the paste over the face and allow to stay for 15 minutes then rinse off.
Combining oatmeal and yogurt will help remove blackheads conveniently.
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal with three tablespoons of yogurt and add some lemon juice and olive oil.
- Rub on the face and rinse off after a few minutes.